A Letter to My Daughter 9 Weeks In By Bren Sessions

 


My little love,

 Every day I cry. Every. Day.

 

I can’t imagine doing any of the things I use to do with you….without you.

 

I am afraid of what will happen the day I don’t think of you first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

 

I meditate. I try to watch for signs from you. I fall apart.

 

Has grief got such a strong grip on me? Or do I hold on tightly, desperately to my grief?

 

Does feeling better mean letting you go? I Cant.

 

I want to move forward, not move on.

 

But I don’t know how.

 

You send me song lyrics. I get the message.

 

I feel better for a minute. And then I am screaming inside for you.

 

Who am I now? This broken-hearted mom? Or has my heart broken open so I can learn?

 

Did you plan this on the other side before you came to me? Did I? What were we thinking?

 

I may need to hold on to this grief just a little longer.

 

Even though I can barely function.

 

Until I can figure out this life without you.

 

And one day reach out my hand to help someone else.

 

Then maybe I can tell my grief goodbye

 

and walk into the light.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful poem, Bren. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you. Definitely made me cry, you can feel the raw emotions in your words. Thank you for sharing. Continued prayers.

      Delete
  2. Bren,
    Sending you a big hug and armful of love. This is the hardest thing you’ll ever go through, but you will heal. She’s walking right beside you all the way. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful expression of your grief, Bren. My heart hurts for you and my prayers are for you you to be comforted and to feel His love for you. It will get easier... many hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts